How to invest for your many goals like a boss lady
Read in: 2mins, Published On , 19 Nov 2020
How to invest for your many goals like a #BossLady
You may be an ace at running a meeting, giving a great presentation or running your household seamlessly. But what about investing? Chances are you could do so much more.
8/10 women say they’re saving for a goal. Ranging from their kids’ education, buying a new home, or for a family vacation, they are making their money to work for their future by investing in Mutual Funds. And so can you. Here’s how -
1. UNDERSTAND YOUR INVESTMENT OBJECTIVE: Recognise and outline your investment objective. Scan the QR Code shared alongside to know more.
2. KNOW YOUR INVESTMENT HORIZON: Classify your investment horizon into short-term, mid-term and long-term where short-term refers to a time period of 1 to 3 years, mid-term equates to 3 to 5 years and any timeframe over and above as long-term.
3. GET FAMILIAR WITH YOUR RISK APPETITE: Know how much risk to take when investing to help filter the right Mutual Fund scheme.
4. DECIDE ASSET ALLOCATION & FUND CATEGORY: Decide the percent allocation to different asset class (Debt, Equity, etc.) to fill it with the right Mutual Fund type.
5. PICK THE MUTUAL FUND SCHEME: Choose the fund category that fits and caters to your Financial goals.
6. STUDY PAST PERFORMANCE: Look into the past performance* of your chosen Mutual Fund scheme to understand the risks involved and its overall returns.
7. PERFORMANCE AGAINST A BENCHMARK: Evaluate the Scheme’s performance to see if it’s able to meet or outperform its benchmark returns.
8. TRACK RECORD OF THE ASSET MANAGEMENT COMPANY: Assess the Asset Management Company’s [AMC] market expertise, performance history of its schemes and overall track record.
9. FUND MANAGER’S CREDENTIALS: Look into the manager’s skill set and his or her ability to lead the fund against its counterparts. Also, review the fund manager’s investment style to see if it fits with your investment objective.
10. ASSET UNDER MANAGEMENT (AUM): Know the total AUM, its asset mix & market value of the fund house’s investments or the total assets the Mutual Fund is handling for its investors.
11. EXPENSE RATIO: Examine the Mutual Fund scheme’s total expense ratio charged by the AMC to manage the fund.
CONCLUSION: From reviewing your financial plans, tax planning, investments, and more, speak to your Mutual Fund Distributor [MFD] to get a financial check-up and stay on track with your Mutual Fund investments. *Since past performance is not a guarantee of how the scheme will perform in the future, it is important to periodically review your investments and understand its progress.